Family Planning for Sickle Cell Patients

Health

by Staff 14 Views 0

This information is important for those woare planning to have children, particularly African Americans and those of West African ancetry. Children born into your family may be at risk of a disease. Hemoglobin A is the most common type and is normal. If one parent is Normal (AA) and the other parent has Hemoglobin C Trait (AC), there is a 50% chance that the child will be Normal (AA) and a 25% chance that the child will be Hemoglobin C Trait (AC). If both parents have Hemoglobin C Trait (AC), for each preganacy there is a 25% chance the child will be Normal (AA); a 50% chance the child will be...

Comments